Lighthouse Cooking Workshops
The Lighthouse is an emergency shelter which serves as a temporary home to 40 men and women in Oakville.
The Tomato Ladies provide life skill cooking workshops for residents at the shelter.
- The Classes are part of the Lighthouse Shelter’s Life Skills Program.
- We demonstrate basic recipes and cooking techniques and encourage participants to share their own experiences with food preparation.
- The participants sample each of the recipes and provide their feedback.
- The dishes we have prepared are served at lunch to all the residents.
The Grad Gifts:
- The participants at the workshop are given a Grad Gift pack when they leave the shelter.
- Each pack contains a few ‘essentials’ to help them get started in their own kitchens. As well, the pack includes some basic information about setting up a kitchen and the Tomato Ladies web address to encourage them to try our Recipes.