- 2 cups carrots peeled and sliced into ¼ inch rounds
- 2 cups washed, shredded kale, ribs removed
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. margarine or butter
- 1 garlic clove, peeled & minced
- 1 tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. sugar
- ½ to 1 tsp. dried herb, (your choice thyme, basil, sage, etc.)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- ½ lemon
- In medium pot, boil carrots gently in a little salted water, until tender crisp. (6 to 8 Minutes). Drain and set aside.
- In large saucepan, over medium heat melt butter, add olive oil and garlic, sauté until garlic is soft, but not brown.
- Add Kale, along with the water and sugar. Cover and gently cook 1-2 minutes.
- Remove cover, add carrots, turn heat up a little and stir until heated through. ( 2 minutes) Sprinkle dried herb of your choice.
- Squeeze fresh lemon over vegetables, salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.
(Any leftovers would be perfect in a frittata!)