About This Project
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups milk
- 2 (14.75 ounce) cans cream-style corn
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- Fry bacon in a Dutch oven until crisp; remove bacon, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Sauté onion in reserved drippings until tender; add potatoes and water. Cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in milk, corn, salt, and pepper to taste; continue to cook, stirring frequently, until heated through. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon to serve.
Serves 4 – 6