About This Project
- 2 tsp. oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 stalk of celery, diced
- ½ green pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. grated ginger root
- 1 ½ tsp. each ground cumin, curry powder, ground coriander and chili powder (a little more if you like it really spicy)
- 3 cups vegetable broth (reduced sodium if available)
- 3 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (19 oz.) chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ cup raisins
- 2 tbsp. peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. minced fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onions, celery, green pepper and garlic. Cook and stir until vegetables begin to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add ginger root, cumin, curry powder, coriander and chili powder. Cook for 30 more seconds.
- Add all remaining ingredients, except raisins, peanut butter and cilantro. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in raisins, peanut butter and cilantro. Mix well. Simmer for a further 5 minutes. Serve hot.