About This Project
- ¾ cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp. parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp. slivered or ground almonds
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp. salt/seasoned salt and pepper
- ½ tsp. thyme/oregano or both
- ¼ cup each, oil and butter
- 2 to 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 lbs. of chicken – breast, thighs, or legs – or 8 small serving pieces
- fresh parsley for garnish, optional
- Mix the first 6 dry ingredients together in a shallow dish or deep pie plate.
- Heat oil and butter with the garlic, until the garlic turns a golden colour. You can use the microwave if you wish.
- Cut chicken into small serving pieces (plan on 2 pieces per person) and pat dry.
- Dip the chicken in the butter and oil mixture and then in the breadcrumb mixture to coat evenly all over.
- Place each piece on a greased baking sheet or low rimmed baking dish. Leave distance between the pieces so they can crisp on all sides.
- Bake in pre heated 375 degree oven for 40 – 50 minutes until cooked through. Cooking time will depend on how small the pieces are and whether the pieces have bones. Bone in chicken takes longer to cook than boneless chicken.
- Drizzle with left over oil and butter mixture if you notice chicken is drying out.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before serving and sprinkle with chopped parsley if desired.