About This Project
- 3 cups each, chopped broccoli and cauliflower florets
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme leaves, divided
- 1/4 tsp. fresh ground pepper, divided
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups 1 % milk
- 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup shredded gruyere or old cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, toss together broccoli, cauliflower, oil, garlic, and half the thyme and pepper. Spread onto parchment paper lined baking sheet. Roast in preheated 400° F (200° C) oven for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, flour and remaining thyme and pepper.
- Spread roasted vegetables into bottom of sprayed 9 inch (23 cm) pie plate. Pour egg mixture over top and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in preheated 375° F oven for about 25 minutes or until knife inserted in centre comes out clean.