About This Project
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 4 cups frozen peas
- ¼ cup fresh mint, chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a large pot on medium heat sauté the celery, onions and garlic in the oil, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.
- Add the stock and peas to the vegetables (there is no need to defrost the peas).
- Stir and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat, put the lid on and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- When the peas have softened, remove the pan from heat, season with salt and pepper and add the mint leaves.
- Using a blender (or hand blender) pulse the soup until smooth.
- If serving cold, transfer the soup to the refrigerator to chill, if not:
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint and serve!