Thai Curry Sweet Potato Soup
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. finely grated gingerroot
- 1 tsp. each ground cumin, coriander and turmeric
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 4 cups cubed peeled Sweet Potatoes (about 1 ¼ lb)
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup chopped roasted peanuts
- Finely grated lime rind,
- Fresh coriander or parsley
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; cook onion, garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander, turmeric and red pepper flakes, stirring until onion is softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add broth, sweet potatoes and coconut milk; bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low; cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.Let cool slightly.
- Puree with a hand held blender or potato masher. Stir in lime juice.Season to taste with salt.
- Serve garnished as desired.