- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 sweet green pepper diced
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. each salt and pepper
- 1 can (19 oz. / 540 ml) black beans drained & rinsed
- 1 cup salsa
- ½ cup cooked corn kernels
- 4 large (10-inch / 25 cm) flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded old Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup light sour cream
- ¼ cup diced pickled jalapeños peppers (optional)
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat; fry onion, green pepper, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper, stirring occasionally until onion is softened.
- Add black beans, salsa and corn; cook stirring often until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Evenly spoon bean mixture over half of each tortilla; sprinkle with cheese.
- Fold uncovered half over top and press lightly. Bake on greased large baking sheet in 425 degrees (220 C) oven, turning once, until golden, 10 – 15 minutes. Or alternatively, place in a lightly oiled frying pan over medium heat, and heat until warmed through and the cheese melted.
- Cut into wedges; serve with sour cream, and jalapeños (if using).
Makes 4 servings