- 1 pork tenderloin trimmed
- 1 375 ml BBQ sauce (your choice)
- Small tin ginger ale or coke (222 ml)
- ½ tsp. olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 apple, cored and grated
- In a crock pot, blend ¾’s of the BBQ sauce and ginger ale/coke.
- Add pork to slow cooker and cook at medium for approx. 3 hours until pork is tender.
- Remove pork from pot and shred into small pieces with 2 forks.
- Saute onion in oil until soft.
- Return pork to the pot and add sautéed onion and apples.
- Add more BBQ sauce if needed.
- Heat through 20 minutes.
- Serve on fresh buns.
Serves 4. This recipe can be easily doubled.