- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper (preferably freshly cracked)
- 1 English Cucumber
- 1-pint grape tomatoes
- ½ red onion
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley.
- 1 tin cannellini beans (540 ml)
- 1 tin tuna packed in water.
- 2 ounces feta cheese
- First, prepare the vinaigrette so the flavours have a little time to blend. In a jar, combine the olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, salt, and pepper. Put the lid on the jar and shake until well combined. Set the vinaigrette aside.
- If you would like to soften the flavour of the red onion a bit, slice it then soak the slices in ice water for 5 minutes before dicing. Otherwise, finely dice the red onion, cut the cucumber into quarter rounds, slice the tomatoes in half, and roughly chop the parsley.
- Combine the cucumber, tomato, onion, and parsley in a bowl. Pour the vinaigrette over top, then stir until the vegetables are coated.
- Drain, rinse the beans, and add to the bowl. Drain the tuna and add, crumble the tuna over and very gentle stir to combine. These three are added last and only gently stirred to make sure the tuna remains in larger flakes instead of falling apart into tiny pieces.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate up to four days. Give it a quick stir after refrigerating and before serving to redistribute the dressing.
Note: I like to serve the salad on a bed of lettuce, just because I think it looks prettier.