- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ½ medium bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped or ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. black (a dash of cayenne too if available)
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 1/8 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tbsp. water
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into 2 inch cubes
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 14 oz. can crushed or chunk pineapple, packed in juice
- 1 cup chicken broth or stock
- Place chopped onion and bell pepper in a bowl, sprinkle with spices. Dribble 2 tbsp. water over and stir to coat.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet or large pot over medium heat.
- Add onion / pepper mixture to oil and reduce heat to medium low. Sauté for about 2 or 3 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add chicken pieces and salt to mixture and stir until well mixed.
- Stir in pineapple with juice. Let simmer over medium low heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken broth to mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and allow to simmer for about 30 minutes until chicken is cooked through and sauce starts to thicken, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over cooked rice. Garnish with chopped green onions or cilantro if available.
- Add a side salad to round out the meal!