- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced, not chopped, you want there to be “rings”
- 2 medium apples, cored and sliced
- 1 pork tenderloin, sliced diagonally ¼ inch thick
- 1 ½ tsp. dried sage
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat oil in medium sized frying pan, over medium heat. Add onion slices, sauté until very lightly browned; add apple slices, cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stir occasionally. (You want the apple to stay a little crisp and hold the half-moon shape.) Add 1 tsp. of the dried sage to the mixture. Remove the mixture to a plate and set side.
- In the same frying pan, add the remaining olive oil, sauté the pork tenderloin slices until lightly browned, a few minutes per side. Add the onion / apple mixture, the additional sage and salt and pepper to taste. Sauté until all is warmed through.
Serve with Baked Sweet Potato Sticks & a Green Salad