- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tbsp. coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped (use 2 if your family likes spice!)
- 1 small knob ginger, very finely chopped
- 1 14 oz. tin plum tomatoes
- Large pinch of sugar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 small bunch coriander, chopped
- Heat oil in large pan and gently cook onion and garlic, stirring, for about 10 minutes.
- Add cumin, coriander and chilli and cook for 1 minute more. Add remaining ingredients, except coriander, and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Season and garnish with coriander. Serve with fishcakes, grilled fish or chicken.