About This Project
- 2 tbsp. oil (Canola or Olive)
- 2 small onions, finely diced
- 1 – 28 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 6 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ½ nutmeg
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- ½ tsp cayenne powder (or to taste)
- Black pepper and salt to taste
- In a medium sauce pan heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté them until the onion is soft and translucent (about 3 minutes).
- Add the smoked paprika, chili powder, cayenne pepper, nutmeg and some black pepper. Stir and sauté for 30 seconds. Add the broth and pumpkin puree stir to combine. Allow the soup to come up to a simmer.
- Simmer the soup, partially covered and stirring occasionally over medium-low heat, for about 10 minutes.
- If available, serve the soup topped with a swirl of sour cream.