- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ tsp. lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 3 golden delicious apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh oregano, minced (or 1 tsp. dried)
- In a small saucepan stir sugar, vinegar, lemon juice and red pepper flakes together. Bring to a boil.
- Add chopped apples, cover pan and reduce heat. Cook gently until apples are very soft. Mash with a potato masher until desired consistency. (We prefer it on the chunky side). Stir in oregano, cover and chill.
Makes 1 ½ cups of Salsa