black beans, chicken, tacos
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, (approx. 1 lb.)cut into thin strips
- 1 package of Taco Seasoning
- 2/3 cup water (a little more or less depending on how ‘saucy’ you like it)
- 1 can (19 oz.) black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 green onion, sliced
- ½ cup fresh coriander
- 1 ½ cups of shredded cheese
- 8 medium tortillas
- Chunky Salsa (optional)
- In a large non-stick frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat and cook chicken for 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Add the taco seasoning mix and water. Cook stirring for about 5 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Add beans, red pepper, green onion and coriander to chicken mixture and cook for about 3 minutes more or until vegetables are hot.
- Warm tortillas in the oven. Fill each tortilla with the chicken and bean mixtures. Top with cheese and salsa (if using).