- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup red split lentils, rinsed
- 2 ½ cups butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 ½ cups cauliflower, cut into florets
- 500ml Almond Milk
- A few sprigs of fresh coriander, roughly chopped (if available)
- Naan bread, warmed, to serve
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat and add the mustard seeds and cook for 1 minute then stir in the onion and cook for 5 minutes until starting to soften. Stir in the spices and cook for a further minute.
- Add the red lentils, butternut squash and cauliflower florets then toss everything together well.
- Pour in the almond milk and 1 cup of water, bring to the boil, cover and simmer gently for about 20–25 minutes until the lentils, squash and cauliflower are tender.
- Stir in the coriander and serve with warmed naan.
- Add ½ cup peas near the end to add a little colour
- Steam ½ cup of the butternut squash & cauliflower separately and add at the end to give a chunkier consistency
- Add vegetable stock to any leftovers and blend to make a delicious soup.