For the cake:
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups cooking oil
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 4 cups grated carrots
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Prepare all ingredients
- Beat sugar and eggs until thickened.
- Add oil, and dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder & cinnamon) and stir until well combined
- Fold in nuts and grated carrots.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9” x 13” baking dish / pan
- Bake for 40 minutes.
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 oz. package of Cream Cheese
- ½ cup margarine or butter
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 3 cups icing sugar
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and beat until velvety.
- Once cake has cooled, smooth icing over top.
- If using, sprinkle chopped walnuts over icing.