- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 2 sticks of celery, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 ½ tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 1 can (19 oz.) cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup red split lentils, rinsed
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp. of lemon juice (1/2 lemon)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- plain yogurt
- chopped parsley or coriander
- Heat oil in a large deep pan set over a medium-high heat. Add the onion, carrot and celery and sweat for 12 minutes, stirring every now and again until soft and slightly golden.
- Add the garlic, tomato paste and curry powder to the pan and stir for 1 minute. Add the beans, lentils and stock. Bring to the boil then simmer with the lid ajar for 20 minutes, until the lentils are soft.
- Blend the soup to a smooth consistency, add the lemon juice and season to taste.
Note: A dollop of plain yogurt with a sprinkle of chopped parsley or coriander makes a good topping.