Salads and Dressings
celery, cucumber, white beans
- 1 19-oz(540mL) can cannellini or white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup diced English cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup chopped celery
Lemon Mint Vinaigrette:
- 3 tbsp. lemon or lime juice (I like this salad better with lime, for some reason!)
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. grated lime or lemon rind
- 3 tbsp. chopped fresh mint
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Combine beans, cucumber, green onions and celery in large bowl.
- Place all the vinaigrette ingredients in a Jam jar. Place the lid on the jar and give it a good shake. Check the seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss beans and vegetables with dressing.
- Return to fridge until ready to serve.