- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 large onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup each, thinly sliced carrot, celery and zucchini
- 1 ½ tsp Italian Seasoning
- ¼ tsp chili pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 28oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 pkg (900ML) chicken broth
- 1 can tomato sauce (19oz)/1 jar of Pasatta (680 ml)
- 1 cup shredded spinach
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup broken whole wheat spaghetti
- Cook, over medium high heat, beef, onion, garlic, carrot, celery, zucchini, Italian seasoning and chili pepper flakes for 10 to 15 minutes until meat is no longer pink and any liquid has evaporated.
- Add Tomatoes, broth and tomato sauce, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add spinach and parsley, Stir in pasta, simmer for 10 minutes until pasta is cooked (or use leftover frozen pasta).
Makes 8 servings, freezes well and is a substantial meal in a bowl!