- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 stick of celery, diced
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. paprika
- 1 tin of tomatoes (28 oz. tin diced)/1 jar of Passata
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled (if needed) & diced
- 1 cup water or vegetable stock
- 1 tin of black beans or chick peas, drained (19 oz. tin)
- Salt & pepper
- Parsley flakes
- Prepare and organize your ingredients:
- Chop, mince, measure and dice; set aside.
- Now you are ready to start!
- In a large pot, heat the oil on medium heat. Add the chopped onions, carrot and celery sauté for 3 to 4 minutes to soften.
- Add garlic, paprika, basil and oregano; stir and sauté for 30 seconds more
- Add tomatoes and stir for another 3 minutes
- Add potatoes and water/broth; cover and boil for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally and until potatoes are almost cooked. Add beans/chick peas; reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add salt & pepper to taste, give it a good stir. Serve garnished with parsley flakes.