- 1 tbsp. oil
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 lb./450 g)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (19 fl. Oz./540 mL) Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- ½ tsp. thyme
- ½ lemon, squeezed
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed green olives
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2-2/3 cups hot cooked long-grain brown rice
- Heat oil in nonstick skillet on medium heat. Place chicken in the heated oil with the chopped onions and brown the chicken on both sides, approx. 6 minutes in total.
- Add tomatoes, garlic, oregano, thyme and lemon juice; stir gently. Simmer for a further 6 min. or until the chicken is done (170ºF), turning chicken and stirring tomato mixture after about 3 minutes. Stir in olives. Taste and adjust seasoning, adding salt and pepper as required.
- Spoon rice onto platter; top with chicken and sauce.
Serve with a selection of steamed vegetables.