- 1 tbsp. margarine or butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 ½ cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 ½ tsp. dried thyme
- ½ tsp. poultry seasoning
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 cans (14oz) creamed corn
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- In large soup pot, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion, celery, carrot and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add broth, potatoes, thyme, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low and let simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Add creamed corn and peas and let simmer another 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken to the soup and mix well.
- Whisk together the milk and cornstarch until smooth and add to the soup.
- Gently simmer until the soup thickens, stirring often.
Serves 4 – 6