A Frittata is a wonderful way to use up all the leftover bits and pieces in your fridge.
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup water
- Salt/pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 2 cups of chopped vegetables of your choice: onion (green, red or white), leftover potato, peppers (green or other colour or a combination), zucchini, broccoli, tomatoes, etc.
- ½ cup leftover meat: such as ham or chicken (not necessary, but if available, go for it)
- 3 tbsp. butter or margarine
- Hand full of grated cheese
- Whisk in a bowl: eggs, water, salt/pepper, Italian Seasoning.
- In medium frying pan, over medium heat melt butter or margarine, add whatever assortment of vegetables / meat you have chosen, stir to warm through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Turn the heat up a little to medium high; add egg mixture, top with cheese. Cover with a lid and let it cook gently, until it starts to set.
- Remove lid and place under the broiler for a few minutes to allow the top to set and brown slightly.
- Divide into 4 sections and slide on to plates.
Note: Serve with a green salad to make a complete meal.
Leftovers will keep 3 to 4 days. Note this dish is delicious served hot or cold.