- 2 – 3 cups of pasta – penne, rigatoni work best
- 4 large mushrooms
- 8 cherry tomatoes or 1 large tomato
- 6 pitted black olives (optional)
- 2 shallots or ½ white / red onion
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 bell pepper
- 2 – 3 tbsp. of olive / canola oil
- 2 tsp. Tomato Ladies Italian Seasoning
- ½ tsp. salt or Seasoning Salt
- 1 large clove of garlic (minced)
- 3 tbsp. of margarine or butter
- Cheese, finely grated – your choice, mozzarella, cheddar, parmesan
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut vegetables into bite sized chunks. Place in a mixing bowl and drizzle with oil. Add Italian seasoning & salt. Gently mix with spoon so to coat all of the vegetables with oil and seasoning.
- Arrange vegetables in a single layer on a baking sheet. Place in the oven and roast for 12 – 15 minutes. Be sure to shake the baking pan or turn the vegetables 2 – 4 times during the cooking process. A little charring is ok.
- While the vegetables are roasting, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until just tender (usually 7-9 minutes).*
- Heat margarine with minced garlic (Micro wave works well for this step)
- Drain the pasta and return to the pot, toss with margarine.
- Add vegetables to the pasta. Lightly toss, top with parmesan cheese if using and a sprinkling of pepper. Serve immediately.
*Aim to have the pasta and vegetables ready at pretty much the same time.
Alternate method for Roasting Veggies – the BBQ:
Light BBQ (Direct Heat, Med. Low) Place vegetables in a grill basket and roast for 12 – 15 minutes. Be sure to turn vegetables in the basket every 3 – 5 minutes. It is not recommended to put the vegetables directly on the grill and remember a little charring is ok.
Another option for you to try:
Roasted Vegetable Pasta with Tomato Sauce
Just omit the margarine in step 5 and add 1 cup of Tomato Sauce along with the vegetables to the pasta, as in step 6 above. Heat through and serve.