- 2 tbsp. oil
- 2 onions, finely diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, finely diced
- 2 sticks of celery, finely diced
- 2 cups of cauliflower, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp. tomato paste
- 28 oz. tin of tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken / vegetable broth
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 19 oz. tin of mixed beans, drained & rinsed
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat the oil over a medium heat and add the onions, garlic, carrots, celery and cauliflower. Stir well and sauté for 5 to 10 minutes or until softened.
- Add the tomato paste and stir well, cooking for a further 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and stir well before adding the broth and half the parsley.
- Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes until the carrots are tender. Add the green onions.
- Stir in the drained beans and bring back to the boil. Stir in the remaining parsley, and season.