Total Time: 45 min Prep: 5 min Cook: 40 min
- 4 bone-in chicken quarters or chicken breasts
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 lemon, halved
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (not extra virgin)
- 1 pound small potatoes, halved or regular potatoes cut into 8 chunks
- 3 – 4 carrots cut into strips, lengthwise
- 1 bunch of radishes, halved
- 1 bunch of green onions, cut into thirds
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill (if available)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Season chicken with salt and pepper, then place skin-side up on a rimmed baking sheet. Squeeze 1/2 lemon over the chicken and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Roast 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare your vegetables. Toss the potatoes, radishes, carrots and onions with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a bowl; season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and scatter the vegetables around it. Continue to roast until the vegetables are tender and the chicken is golden and cooked through, about 20 more minutes. Squeeze the remaining 1/2 lemon over the chicken and vegetables. Top with the dill, if using and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Other options for vegetables would include fennel (cubed), whole cloves of garlic, red onion pieces and sweet pepper chunks.