Salads and Dressings
arugula, dijon mustard, sun dried tomatoes, sweet potato
- 4 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 tbsp. canola oil, divided
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes, not packed in oil
- ½ cup grated Reggiano Parmesan or crumbled Feta cheese
- 4 cups arugula (or spinach or mixed greens)
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard (old style/grainy is best)
- walnut pieces/pecan pieces/pumpkin seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F . Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, toss cubed sweet potatoes with 1 tbsp. canola oil.
- Arrange on baking pan and bake for 25 minutes. This can be done up to a day in advance. Keep cooked sweet potatoes refrigerated until assembling the salad.
- In medium bowl, cover sundried tomatoes with very hot water and allow to stand for 25 minutes. Drain and chop.
- In large bowl, combine cooked sweet potatoes, tomatoes, cheese, arugula and green onion.
- Prepare dressing by combining the remaining 3 tbsp. canola oil with the balsamic vinegar and Dijon mustard. Drizzle over salad and toss to combine. Sprinkle with nuts (if using).